In this department we have articles that discuss specific problems involving at-risk young people and describe particular interventions designed to be solutions to those problems. In the Helping Interventions department of Issue #1, for example, we have articles such as Foster Care—Does It Mitigate or Exacerbate Trauma? and Mentoring is Hard—Mentoring At-Risk Youths is Harder. In the Helping Interventions department of Issue #2, we have articles such as Solving the Challenge of Working with At-Risk Students in the School Setting (about how a high school in Austin, TX, that serves only at-risk teens has been successful) and Clinical Support: Mentoring At-Risk Youths Cannot Succeed Without It (about the reasons why clinical support is need for mentors who work with at-risk children and how a mentoring program in Vermont has solved that problem by partnering with a local counseling service).
- Teenagers, Digital Sexual Behavior, and the TEAMS Approach
- Mindfulness: Helping Anxious Teens in an Anxious World
- Young People and the Online World of Pornography: Minimizing the Harm
- Broadening the Context of At-Risk Children’s Lives
- Clinical Support: Mentoring At-Risk Youths Cannot Succeed Without It
- Changing Our Mindset: The Challenges of Working With At-Risk Students in the School Setting
- Mentoring is Hard—Mentoring At-Risk Youths is Harder
- Foster Care-Does It Mitigate or Exacerbate Trauma?