In this department we have general interest articles that address broad issues facing helping professionals who work with at-risk young people, including social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, and educators. In the Helping Professions department of Issue #1, for example, we have articles such as What are Helping Professionals Up Against?, and What is Social Work and Who Exactly are Social Workers? In the Helping Professions department of Issue #2, we have articles such as Practicing at the Frontlines of Covid-19 and When the World of Children and Teenagers Goes Online.
- Coping with Deep Uncertainty
- The Complex (But Crucial) Context of Families
- Social Work in Context
- The Context of Young Peoples’ Lives in the Current Era
- There is No Such Thing as a Child: Part One…
- When the World of Children and Teenagers Goes Online
- Professionals at the Front Lines of COVID-19: Complexities and a Return to the Basics
- Violence Threatens Families – From Without and Within
- What is Social Work – And Who Exactly are Social Workers?
- It’s the Relationship that Heals
- What Are Helping Professionals Up Against?